CANDLE CARE

 

Candles are completely safe to enjoy but should be used with care and attention. We recommend the following information to be used for burning candles safely and some tips to get the best out of them.

When lighting for the first time, burn the candle until wax melts across the entire surface up to the sides of the jar as this will prevent tunnelling and should create an even burn for the duration of the candle's life'. Depending on the container size, this should take around 1-3 hours.

Before each burn, trim your wick to 5mm. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) is the easiest way to prevent this.

Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts, or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. 

Burn candle on a heat-resistant surface.

Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at any one time.

Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.

Use a Candle Snuffer to gently extinguish the flame when you’re done, do not blow it out. Always check that your candle is completely extinguished before you leave it unattended as smouldering candles can reignite.

After extinguishing the flame with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move, or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.

Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.

Although it is tempting to continue burning your candle until the wax is gone, when you have 1cm of wax remaining at the bottom of your jar it’s time to stop burning it. Continuing to burn your candle beyond this point can cause overheating of the glass jar. Keep an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low. 

 

STORING YOUR CANDLES

Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. 

Use the lid provided to keep your candles covered and free from dust.

Avoid placing your candle where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights

Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so it’s best to use your candle within a reasonable time to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.

Depending on their individual scent and how they are cared for, each of our candles burns for a varying length of time. You will find an estimated burn time on each candle page.

Please ensure you dispose of the container and packaging in accordance with local regulations. 

Please check packaging for allergen advice. 

Please keep candles away from children and pets.

All Hisia soy wax candles are CLP compliant.

The information on this page may not be reiterated within your order so we advise that you use this to enhance the safety in using the product. 

Hisia Soy Candles is not responsible for product misuse.